The Message of Job
The fact of suffering in the world challenges us with its questions. The book of Job is all about human suffering. We meet a man who is afflicted physically and emotionally. We encounter friends who do their best, but make things worse. We are brought face to face with intellectual puzzles. Above all this, and because of it, we find Job struggling with his faith in God.
David Atkinson's compelling exposition shows the power of the book of Job to reach into our human situation, and to engage with our human needs. It offers, he believes, the strong sort of comfort which comes from knowing that someone else has been there before. His book is a pastoral exploration, providing help in the ministry of counselling.
1. Righteous Job and the wager in heaven - Job 1-3
2. Speeches from Job's friends - See Job 4-27
3. Job's pilgrimage of faith - See Job 4-27;29-31
4. Wisdom, human and divine - Job 28;32-37
5. The Lord speakes - Job 38-42