Reformation Heritage Books
The Forgotten Fear
Albert N. Martin
The fear of God is an important theme in the Bible, yet many Christians today overlook it or treat it carelessly. Fearing God is the soul of godliness, and those who claim to love God should desire to understand what it means to fear Him. The Forgotten Fear revisits this important topic. Author Albert Martin first establishes the theme of the fear of God in both the Old and New Testaments, and then defines what fearing God means. Finally, he addresses the practical implications of fearing God, showing its expression in the lives of Abraham and Joseph and providing instruction for believers today to maintain and increase their fear of God.
Table of Contents:
- Predominance of the Fear of God in Biblical Thought
- Definition of the Fear of God
- Ingredients of the Fear of God
- Source of the Fear of God
- Relationship of the Fear of God to Our Conduct
- How to Maintain and Increase the Fear of God
- A Final Word to the Reader
About the Author
Albert N. Martin served as a pastor of Trinity Baptist Church of Montville, New Jersey for forty-six years. He now resides in western Michigan with his wife, Dorothy.