The Christian Theology Reader
Alister E. McGrath
- Each reading is accompanied by its own introduction, commentary and study questions, and illustrates a key doctrine, point of view, intellectual development, or theological landmark
- Includes several new readings on religion and science, an expanded coverage of feminist theological voices, extracts from radical Protestant perspectives, and more contemporary theology
- Features additional writers, including: Pope Benedict XVI, John Polkinghorne, John Milbank, Elizabeth A. Johnson, and John Yoder
- May be used as a stand–alone volume, or alongside Christian Theology: An Introduction, 5th edition for a complete overview of the subject
- Accompanied by a fully revised and expanded website, available on publication, featuring useful instructor and student resources, including study questions and answers, quizzes, podcast lecturers from Alister McGrath, and multiple choice questions; visit www.wiley.com/go/mcgrath for more details
Alister E. McGrath is the Head of the Centre for Theology, Religion & Culture at King's College London, having previously been Professor of Historical Theology at the University of Oxford. He is one of the world's leading Protestant theologians and has long been involved in theological education. McGrath is also the author of some of the most widely used theology textbooks, including the bestselling Christian Theology: An Introduction (2010, Wiley-Blackwell), now in its fifth edition. He is in constant demand as a speaker at conferences throughout the world.