Good Book Company
Growing in Gratitude
Mary K. Mohler
As women, we are often encouraged to "count our blessings". But truly biblical gratitude is much more than this.
Mary K. Mohler unpacks Scripture to help us grow in gracious gratitude (thanking God for who he is) as well as natural gratitude (thanking him for his blessings) — and to identify and deal with some of the things that hinder us — to help us rediscover the joy of a thankful heart.
This thoroughly Bible-centred unpacking of the reasons for gratitude builds on Mary K. Mohler's 25 years experience in mentoring seminary wives at The Southern Baptist Theological Seminary in Louisville, Kentucky.
Discussion questions at the end of each chapter make this book ideal for group use as well as for individuals.
- Introduction: A Life of Thankfulness
- Section 1: What is gratitude?
- 1. An Overflowing Fountain
- 2. The Gratitude Twins
- Section 2: Four hindrances to gratitude
- 3. Longing for the Lost
- 4. Too Busy to Bother?
- 5. If Only Life Were Different…
- 6. The Doubt Slayer
- Section 3: An attitude of gratitude
- 7. Thanking God When It Hurts
- 8. Let's Do It!
- Conclusion: Gratitude That Honors the Lord