Daniel: The Triumph of God's Kingdom
The book of Daniel demonstrates the glorious wisdom and unmatched power of God at work in his people. It shows that in spite of difficulties, confusion, and persecution, God is in control and will deliver his people as he has promised. Through dreams and visions given to Daniel—not fully understood in their own day—God reveals that his sovereign rule will continue until the end, when all of his purposes will be fulfilled. Only through the light of the New Testament can we understand these mysteries given to Daniel, some of which aren’t made clear until the final pages of Scripture.
With faithful exposition, pastor Rodney Stortz walks readers through this prophetic book verse by verse, explaining Daniel’s historical context and offering practical applications. He focuses on the promises given to the faithful, the sovereignty of God, and the coming Messiah and Antichrist—shedding light on Daniel’s prophecies by looking at the New Testament teaching on the final kingdom that will never pass away.
Part of the Preaching the Word series.
About the Author
Table of Contents
- No Compromise (1:1–25)
- The Wisdom and Power of God (2:1–23)
- Revealer of Mysteries (2:24–49)
- Faith Standing before the Fire (3:1–30)
- Pride Comes before the Fall (4:1–37)
- The Handwriting on the Wall (5:1–31)
- Family Sedans of the Faith (6:1–28)
- What Is the Meaning of All This? (7:1–16)
- Thy Kingdom Come (7:17–28)
- A Stern-Faced Man of Intrigue (8:1–27)
- O Lord, Listen, Forgive, and Act (9:1–19)
- Good News, Bad News (9:20–27)
- The Man in the Golden Sash (10:1—11:1)
- His Story Written in Advance (11:2–20)
- The Two Great Crises (11:21—12:4)
- The End (12:5–13)