Good Book Company
5 Things to Pray for Your Heart
Every Christian wants to be more like Jesus—and, wonderfully, that's what God wants for us too: "It is God’s will that you should be sanctified" (1 Thessalonians 4 v 3).
How will that happen? Only by asking God to transform us from the inside out—because real heart change comes not by our own willpower, but by the Spirit's power.
Too often though our prayer lives are reduced to shopping-list-style-requests or desperate pleas to get through the day. But this little guide will help you to pray for genuine, deep and astonishing Christian growth, in your own life or somebody else's. These are prayers your heavenly Father loves to answer—because they're based on his word.
Each spread takes a passage of Scripture and suggests 5 things to pray for a particular area of your Christian life. Because when we pray in line with God's priorities as found in his word, our prayers are powerful and effective (James 5 v 16)—and that's a truly thrilling prospect.
Use this book to:
• Guide your prayers during your personal quiet times
• Kick-start your prayers for your own growth in godliness
• Pray meaningfully for your Christian spouse, family members or friends
• Equip your church small-group members to pray for one another more deeply
Use this book in any number of ways: work through it as part of your daily quiet time, or pick it up whenever a particular need arises.
- Series introduction
- Praying that I would grow in…
- Praying that I would be…
- A learner
- A teacher
- A worker
- A worshipper
- A friend
- An ambassador
- Praying that I would grow like Jesus when I'm…
- Getting older